Today is my sister’s birthday. She inspires me in my favourite things: for my fashion paper dolls, she buys me lots of pretty paper; in Maths, she helps me to get my homework right; in Baking, she gives me ideas for new cupcakes and sometimes bakes with me.
I have created a Yuzu Cupcake for her because she loves yuzu! Happy Birthday, Meg!
We used & adapted BenjaminWong’s recipes for the cupcakes & glaze from “Cupcakes with Attitude”.
Yuzu Cupcake, (makes about 10-12 cupcakes)
- 125g unsalted butter
- 125g castor sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 pinch of salt
- 20g candied yuzu peel (cut into small pieces)
- 125g self-rising flour
- 2 Tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees centigrade.
- Line cupcake tray with liners.
- Cream the softened butter with the sugar until well-mixed.
- Add eggs and beat till well-blended, light & fluffy.
- Add salt & yuzu peel.
- Fold in flour; stop when batter is well-mixed.
- Add milk & mix well.
- Spoon batter into cupcake liners till about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20-25 min.
- Remove from oven and cool for about 5min before transferring to wire rack.
- 150g icing sugar, sifted
- 1 Tbsp Yuzu juice
- warm water
- Place icing sugar in a bowl.
- Gradually mix in the yuzu juice.
- Slowly add a little water, a teaspoon at a time until you reach the right consistency (soft, but not too runny)